The Russell Ranch

Mark 'n Di

Mark 'n Di

Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Decade ~ A New Year ~ A New Start

Oh, Hi!

I could continue the title with a new month, a new resolution, a new blog site, etc. etc. So here we are, trying again, to keep all of you informed about our lives. Aren't you just thrilled? Good intentions, that what I have! My goal is to write here every day ~ ha! you say... The proof is in the pudding!

To start the day, Mark was up and around getting ready for work, while Sassy and I were still curled up and comfy in bed, when "blink" ~ the electricity went off. Good thing Mark had already shaved, because the bathroom is as dark as a cave... So out came the flashlight, so he could get his clothes out of the closet.

When I got up, shortly after M left, I came to my computer and it said the temperature was 29* outside ~ wait, are we still in Tampa??? Hmmm... I shut the computer down, as I could not get to Facebook (sniff); and the house was quickly becoming very cool; and there was no way to fix coffee! So, with jammies and robe and blanket, Sassy & I sat in the recliner. I do have a battery operated CD player, so we kicked back and listened to a book on tape...which put me back to sleep. Naps are really nice things! I was supposed to go to the Y for my Monday Silver Sneakers session in the morning and then to the library for my monthly book discussion group at 2:00 p.m., but there was no fixing my hair in a bathroom where you could not see ~ so no outings were attempted. At 2:36 p.m. the refrigerator started humming and warm air started coming out of the furnace/AC vents. Lovely, these things! I made a dash for the bathroom and combed my hair, in case of another emergency!

I worked on some historical fact-finding for my Memoirs Class, and at 6:25, was ready to head for class, but alas, the printer wouldn't work. Now all I know about computers is that they are supposed to work! Trouble-shooting is not my forte ~ so all the work I had done will have to wait for the next class, and I will sit there and smile pretty with nothing to contribute this time.

Mark went straight from work to the church to work on setting up the sound system for our gospel sing this Friday night, held at the Italian Wagon (our pastor's little place of business). We try to have a sing once a month ~ outside ~ and offer a simple meal, as well. A Gospel outreach that our pastor's wife put into motion. It's a fun endeavor and we pray it will be used to reach somebody with the Gospel message. Whew! I said all that to say that I was home by 9:30 and Mark didn't get home 'til 11:30! And now it is 12:30 and I am going to bed.

Another day in the life of the
Russells at Richmond Place

No comments:

Post a Comment